Regeneration update

Cardiff Living is an exciting development partnership between Cardiff Council and national developer Wates Residential.

The programme will deliver 1,500 new homes over a 10-year period. These homes will be built over 40 sites across Cardiff split into 3 phases of development, with the first phase commencing in Spring 2017. At least 40% (around 600) of these homes will be council homes available for rent through the council’s existing allocations process, with a small number being made available to first time buyers through the council’s Assisted Home Ownership scheme. The remaining 60% (around 900) homes will be available for purchase on the open market through Wates Residential under the ‘Cardiff Living’ brand.

All of the properties built through this project will meet high levels of sustainability and energy efficiency, ensuring that we help to tackle fuel poverty.

One of the key objectives of the project is to invest in the regeneration of our communities. The project will deliver real community benefits including the creation of long-term sustainable local training and employment programmes as well as creating opportunities for local business, community groups and local people.

We are developing 1,500 new homes in Caerau, Llanishen, Llanrumney, St Mellons, Old St Mellons, Rumney, Heath, Ely and Gabalfa over the next 10 years. The first homes will be available to buy from summer 2017.

Our vision
To deliver exemplar quality homes and regenerate neighbourhoods in one of the Europe’s most liveable cities.

The developer
Wates Residential is part of the family-owned Wates Group, one of the UK’s leading construction, development and property…

Construction updates
We will provide regular construction updates. To find out what is happening in your area ….

History of the area
Our first developments have interesting historical facts. To find out more about Llanrumney, St Mellons read on…

Question and answers can be found here