Welcome to the third edition of this newsletter. As this construction project is due to continue until August 2019, there will be regular updates to keep you informed throughout the duration of the project. We will highlight the current construction activities, planned future works and how these may affect you, providing an insight into this regeneration project within your local area. We would encourage you to get in touch if you have any queries or would like further information on the Cardiff Living Partnership.
Summary of Progress to Date
- We have made great progress over the last few weeks. The grass verge, which will act as a temporary drop off zone for the Nursery, has been dug out and has been tarmacked to provide a clean surface.
- The site is fully secure, with temporary welfare units for staff. We have installed pedestrian gates and provided safe, clear walkways to all offices.
- We have now completed all 16 houses floor slabs.
- Bricklayers are now on site building the first 5 house plots.
- All plot drainage complete.
- 70% of all utilities have been laid on site.
- The new culvert works up to Fidlas Road is 80% complete.
Site deliveries will be made to site between 10am and 3pm to minimise impact on the Nursery during construction.
The public footpath that leads to the train station is now closed and will remain closed until the middle of next year. An alternative route to Llanishen Railway Station is displayed on the hoarding. This adds approximately 12 minutes walking time.
As we now have bricklayers on site, we will continue to progress up to floor joists on 5 plots in the coming weeks.
We have programmed the main drainage connection sited on Fidlas Road for the end of February (half-term), which will require the use of temporary traffic signals for the duration. These works have been agreed and programmed in conjunction with the Council’s highways department in order to minimise the disruption to the local community.
We had our first Considerate Constructors visit and gained a great score of 39. However, there is always room for improvement and we would welcome any feedback or suggestions. We have also been working at Llanishen Scout Hall with the help of Dragon Training. A team of local recruits learnt new skills whilst helping carry out some much needed work (please see attached picture). Please get in touch with any suggestions you may have, we would love to hear from you! Please contact Lucy Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org
Site Contact Details
Project Manager – Stephen James 07825 342 736
Site Manager – Jason Smith: 07784 290852
Our Permitted Site Working Hours are
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Saturday 8am to 1pm