Welcome to the fourth edition of this progress newsletter. Work on this site is currently due to finish in November 2019 and we will keep you updated on progress. Below is a summary of current activity on site as well as planned works which may affect you. We would always encourage you to get in touch if you have any queries or would like further information on the Cardiff Living Partnership.
Summary of Progress to Date
- The external building works to the 16 houses on the Walker Mews development has been completed.
- Currently we are working on the internals of the properties, with garden and street works, drainage etc being carried out.
- All utilities have been installed with only plot connections outstanding.
- The new gas supply has been connected to the nursery.
- Drainage works to the access road are ongoing, with slight delays due to services complications, we anticipate works will be completed around the middle of October. Once this work is completed the road will be reinstated. We will continue to have specified delivery times in place to ensure parents and nursery staff always have priority.
We have appointed a second traffic marshal at the top of the access road to ensure the safety of the children, parents and staff at the nursey whilst the drainage works to the road are ongoing. All deliveries are continuing to operate on a restricted schedule of 9.30am-3.30pm.
- Completion of entrance road, and reinstatement.
- Site handover preparation nearing completion in the Autumn/Winter
We have recently completed a new soft play area for the children of Noah’s Ark Nursery.
Steve James and Sophie Paterson delivered an interactive Construction Safety Talk for some of the pupils at The Court School, Llanishen. They were then asked to design posters promoting safe working practices and PPE. These were then printed on weather resistant boards and displayed at the entrance to the site for local residents and site operatives to view. The School were also gifted a set of the designs. Everyone who took part was rewarded with a Tom Gates book which were presented to them in a celebration assembly on 26th June.
Site Contact Details
Project Manager – Matthew Asquith – 07770 808516
Our Permitted Site Working Hours are
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Saturday 8am to 1pm