Welcome to the second edition of this newsletter. With works well under way, we will keep you updated on the site’s progress, including any developments that may affect you. Below is a summary of our current achievements. We would always encourage you to get in touch if you have any queries or would like further information on the Cardiff Living Partnership.
Summary of Progress to Date
- All the foundations and infrastructure have now successfully been completed across the site.
- The brick and blockwork superstructures of six of our plots have been completed to roof level, in preparation for the roofs to be installed.
- Internal trades people have begun works on the two bungalows in the scheme.
- Road works are also now in progress in readiness for all the utilities to be installed.
- All our deliveries to and from site will continue to enter via Heol Trelai. Our contractors will also continue to use smaller rigid body vehicles. However, as previously highlighted, there may be times that we will require the use of articulated lorry deliveries. These will always be supervised by a fully qualified vehicle marshal to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Our site offices are located at the front of the development.
- We continue to ensure that the access and egress roads usage is restricted to the hours of 9am – 3pm.
- Work on the internal finishes will begin in the final 3 blocks.
- In preparation for the second stage fixtures and fittings being installed, all current services will remain live to ensure smooth working.
- We are also planning the completion of the driveways, roads and landscaping.
The Community Investment Team have been busy with the School Holiday Enrichment Programme across the City. Sophie Paterson, Community Investment Advisor and Nikki Marsden, the Wates Office Manager, visited Milbank Primary School. Nikki attended the school over 40 years ago and she was excited to help the current cohort build the tallest egg towers out of recycled newspapers. “It was really lovely to work with the children and see my old school again. I have a lot of happy memories from my time there and it was great to see the children enjoying being there too. We had lots of fun building the towers and then testing them with the eggs. Little did we know, Sophie had hard-boiled the eggs to minimise the mess!
Site Contact Details
Site Manager – Neil Burman – 07714 857318
Our Permitted Site Working Hours are
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
Saturday 8am to 1pm