Welcome to your first newsletter from Wates on behalf of Cardiff Living. We have started work on the former Ty Newydd Care Home and would like to update you on the progress to date.
Summary of Progress to Date
- The development consists of 16 affordable homes for rent, all of which will be available through Cardiff Council.
- The groundworks have commenced with site clearance and site preparation.
- A temporary footway is being introduced to ensure our local residents are safe when passing the development on Heol Trelai.
- Construction works are due to start following the completion of the groundworks; it is anticipated that this will be in March 2019.
- The deliveries to and from site will enter via Heol Trelai, mainly using smaller rigid body vehicles. We may need to use articulated lorry deliveries – this will be supervised when required.
- Site offices will be located to the front of the development.
- In the coming month we will be installing pile foundations throughout the development.
- Main drainage and utility services will be installed.
This project will be part of the Considerate Contractors Scheme, which is something we pride ourselves on. If you have any suggestions or community projects/groups you would like us to get involved in please contact Lucy Davies at email@example.com. Also please look out for updates on our dedicated website https://cardiffliving.wales/ where we can also advertise any local businesses free of charge.
We will be holding a resident open evening at Ely and Caerau Community Hub on Thursday 7thMarch between the hours of 4-7pm. We would like to introduce you to the team and answer any questions that you may have relating to the scheme. Further letters will be sent out nearer the date and we look forward to welcoming you on the day.
Site Contact Details
Project Manager – Gerwyn Mathias: 07925 641938
Site Manager – Jamie Monk: 07917155173
Our Site Working Hours are
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
Saturday 8am to 1pm