Welcome to the 2nd edition of this newsletter. We are now 9 months into our works at the Snowden & Wilson site. We are constructing 8 new houses and 12 one-bedroomed apartments. We will provide regular updates to keep you informed throughout the duration of the project. This includes details of current construction activities, planned future works and how these may affect you. We would encourage you to get in touch if you have any queries or would like further information on the Cardiff Living Partnership.
Summary of Progress to Date
- Progress across the site is going well, with the roof coverings being well underway.
- With the structures watertight, internal works have now been started and are going well.
- Scaffold has been removed in preparation for external works.
- Our deliveries and heavy good vehicles continue to work to a specified time schedule. When they arrive, they are met by our vehicle marshal trained gate person and are directed accordingly.
- Wilson Road will continue to remain closed until our works are completed by early 2020. During this period the pedestrian footpath will remain open at all times and will also be maintained.
- Our next phase of works includes the installation of all services. External finishes have commenced.
- Landscaping and fencing across the site will start to be installed soon.
The Community Investment Team have been very active supporting events in the area. Here is a snapshot of what they have been contributing to in the community.
- As part of the Cardiff Commitment Open Your Eyes Week, we delivered two presentations to the Year 5 pupils at Windsor Clive Primary School. We discussed all the different careers available within the Construction Industry.
- We recently supported the Riverbank Special School’s External Maintenance Project by painting the outside of their school. A team of 10 people, over 3 days helped to brighten up the children’s learning environment.
- We visited Hywel Dda Primary School as part of the Cardiff Council Food and Fun Programme this Summer. Children were asked to discuss, design and build their dream homes out of straws and connectors. Here’s just one example of the imaginative designs the children constructed
Site Contact Details
Site Manager – Kevin White: 07566 292481
Our Permitted Site Working Hours are
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Saturday 8am to 1pm