Welcome to the 4th edition of this progress newsletter. As our work on Mount Pleasant Lane is coming to an end, we would like to update you on the achievements to date. Below is a summary of current activity on site as well as planned works which may affect you. We would always encourage you to get in touch if you have any queries or would like further information on the Cardiff Living Partnership.
Summary of Progress to Date
- The development consists of 31 affordable homes. 26 home have been built for Council tenants, while the remaining 5 have been built for the Council’s Assisted Home Ownership Scheme (2 remaining)
- Most plots are now completed, with the majority being handed over to Cardiff Council. The final units are due to be handed over to the Council in the next few months.
- Most of the external hard landscaping has been completed, the rest is due to be completed in the next month
- The improvement works to Mount Pleasant Lane highway are now complete.
As works are coming to an end, our site office is now located at the old post office depot.
We are nearing completion of the development and are anticipating that we will be off site in the next few weeks.
During the life of the project, we have carried out a range of community activities. Here is a summary of what we have achieved:
- Introduction to construction course in conjunction with the Construction Youth Trust and local ex-offenders
- Llanrumney Boxing Club – We installed new showers as part of their improvements programme. We also supported them with their opening events to help promote the club.
- Lisa Bailey, part of site team at Braunton and Clevedon, continues her amazing charity work helping orphanages and schools in Kenya. Lisa has been travelling back and forth to Kenya for around 11 years. She spends a lot of time there, helping orphanages and visiting underprivileged schools, providing help and support where she can. Stephen James has been promoting what she does, and the team have embraced the cause by donating children’s clothes, for “Street Kids. Steve has also spoken to his local football team that he supports, who have donated their 2nd team kit which is a brand-new kit for the children.
- Donations to local food bank
- Donation and support of the Christmas tree festival at the Old Library
- Support for St. Illtyd’s Careers Fair
- National Open Doors Week Event
- Health and Safety Assembly at Bryn Hafod Primary School with poster competition. All winning entries were displayed on the site hoarding for local residents to enjoy
- Currently supporting the Cardiff Council School Holiday Enrichment Programme for a third year running
- Trekfest 2019. The Wates team scaled the heights of the Brecon Beacons this month to raise money for City Hospice. In total they raised £2500 for the extremely worthwhile organisation
Site Contact Details
Project Manager – Gerwyn Mathias: 07925 641938
Our Site Working Hours are
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
On a final note, we would like to thank you for your patience and co-operation during the construction project.