Welcome to your second newsletter from Wates on behalf of Cardiff Living. We have been working on Mount Pleasant Lane for around 6 months and would like to update you on the progress to date.
Summary of Progress to Date
- The development consists of 31 affordable homes for rent, all of which will be available through Cardiff Council.
- The majority of groundworks including drainage, water and gas mains installation, have been completed.
- Base coat tarmac of the site roads has been laid which now means we are out of the ground and muck.
- All properties on site are currently under construction, with the north side (plots 16- 31) more advanced than the south side.
- Brickwork is ongoing to all plots with 50% of roof structures now complete.
- Internal works have now commenced with partition walls and electric insulation works ongoing.
- There have been no changes to logistics since the start of the project. Deliveries to and from site continue to enter via Mount Pleasant Lane, using smaller rigid body vehicles, however we are not receiving articulated lorry deliveries.
- We intend to start improvements to the road surface on Mount Pleasant Lane late 2018 or early 2019. We will be keeping residents informed and give you more details nearer the time.
- In the coming month we will continue with both roof cover works and our internal finishes programme.
- The brickwork will be cleaned ready for the scaffold removal.
- The scaffold coming down will enable the whole property be opened up to a number of different trades to commence internal works and start the process of turning our properties into homes.
- Internal works, plasterboarding M&E decorating will continue.
We have had one Considerate Contractors visit and the project scored a very respectable 38, well above the national builder’s average.
We are looking to run a competition with local schools. If you are interested in getting involved, please get in touch at email@example.com
Site Contact Details
Project Manager – Gerwyn Mathias: 07925 641938
Site Manager – Neil Morgan: 07734 781782
Our Permitted Site Working Hours are
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
Saturday 8am to 1pm