Welcome to your third newsletter from Wates on behalf of Cardiff Living. We have been working on Mount Pleasant Lane for around 12 months and would like to update you on the progress to date.
Summary of Progress to Date
- The development consists of 31 affordable homes, 26 of these homes will be available to rent through Cardiff Council, while the remaining 5 will be available to purchase as part of the Council’s Assisted Home Ownership scheme.
- All plots are now watertight with internal works well under way.
- External hard landscaping works are well underway.
- Improvement works to Mount Pleasant Lane highway have also commenced.
- There have been no changes to logistics since the start of the project.Deliveries to and from site continue to enter via Mount Pleasant Lane, using smaller rigid body vehicles. We do not receive articulated lorry deliveries.
- We have started improvements to the footpaths on Mount Pleasant Lane. This work will involve us using a traffic light controlled system which will run for a number of weeks until all road works and footpaths are complete.
- Internal works, plaster boarding and decorating will continue.
- Phase 1 of the site is due to be completed and handed over to Cardiff Council in March 2019.
- We have had our second Considerate Contractors visit and the project scored a very respectable 40, well above the national builder’s average.
- We are looking to get in touch with local schools and community groups. If you are interested in getting involved, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Site Contact Details
Project Manager – Gerwyn Mathias: 07925 641938
Site Manager – Neil Morgan: 07734 781782
Our Permitted Site Working Hours are
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
Saturday 8am to 1pm