Welcome to the sixth and final edition of our newsletter. Works on site are now nearing completion and we aim to be finished by October. All the houses on the development are complete and almost fully occupied. Remaining landscaping and external spaces will then be addressed as part of the final stage of works.
Summary of Progress to Date
- The site has progressed well. All the houses on the Braunton side of the site have been completed, with 30 homes handed over. Each dwelling is now fully occupied.
- The two apartment blocks have also been handed over and occupants are now in residence.
- Plots 106 – 84 are now complete and fully occupied. Plots 75 – 51 are scheduled to be handed over and occupied by the end of August.
- One block of 9 apartments will run on and will be completed Winter 2019.
- External works are also progressing well, and we are targeting completion of the new roads around the development by the end of August.
External Spaces – in early August, our site offices were removed from the park land, and footpaths are scheduled to be reinstated in their original layout prior to our occupation. We are targeting completion of the reinstatement by the end of September. The final installation of trees will take place in November when tree planting season begins. Furthermore, we aim to have the whole development, including the landscaping completed by the end of the year.
- Llanrumney Boxing Club – We installed new showers as part of their improvements programme. We also supported them with their opening events to help promote the club.
- Lisa Bailey, part of the site team at Braunton and Clevedon continues her amazing charity work helping orphanages and schools in Kenya. Lisa has been travelling back and forth to Kenya for around 11 years. She spends a vast amount of time there, helping orphanages and visiting underprivileged schools, providing help and support where she can. Stephen James has been promoting what she does, and the team have embraced the cause by donating children’s clothes, for “Street Kids. Steve has also spoken to his local football team that he supports, who have donated their 2nd team kit which is a brand-new kit for the children.
- Donations to local food bank.
- Donation and support of the Christmas tree festival at the Old Library.
- Support for St. Illtyd’s Careers Fair.
- National Open Doors Week Event.
- Health and Safety Assembly at Bryn Hafod Primary School with poster competition. All winning entries were displayed on the site hoarding for local residents to enjoy.
- Currently supporting the Cardiff Council School Holiday Enrichment Programme for a third year running.
- Trekfest 2019. The Wates team scaled the heights of the Brecon Beacons this month to raise money for City Hospice. In total they raised £2,500 for the extremely worthwhile organisation.
Site Contact Details
Project Manager – Gerwyn Mathias: 07925 641 938
Section Manager – Wayne Lindhardsen: 07522 807 854
Our Permitted Site Working Hours are
Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm
Saturdays 8am to 1pm
On a final note, we would like to thank you and the rest of the local community for your on-going patience and co-operation during the construction project. We are very grateful to you all in the time we have been part of your community.