Committed to protecting the environment and having a positive impact through our work.
- The Cardiff Living partnership is committed to sustainable and ethical procurement, only purchasing materials which meet the industry’s responsible sourcing standards
- We will carefully monitor the carbon impact of the programme and implement energy-efficient resources to minimise pollution and emissions
- We will minimise and closely monitor waste levels on our sites and seek new and innovative ways of working to reduce waste and will engage with organisations such as the National Wood Recycling Network
- Building sustainability knowledge and competency across our supply chain.
- As a Considerate Constructor, we will work to ensure that we are a good neighbour to the communities of Cardiff in which we work
Wates’ average Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) score in 2015 was 40.1 against an industry average of 38.41
Over 95% of our waste is diverted from landfill
We are partnered with Supply Chain Sustainability School and are supporting our supply chain partners to implement environmental management systems and improve sustainability performance.