Wates Residential, part of the fourth generation family-owned Wates Group, is one of the UK’s leading developers. The business operates across London and the South, working in partnership with public and private sector clients to build more and better homes. This is driven by a shared vision that everyone deserves a great place to live.
Wates Residential applies a special type of regeneration, focused on creating social and environmental value, to every development. This goes beyond bricks and mortar and is focused on creating great places where people are proud to live, bespoke to the needs of each local community.
The business also leaves a positive lasting legacy in the communities where it operates through its drive for local procurement, creation of local employment opportunities such as apprenticeships and work placements, school curriculum support and courses for long-term unemployed adults. In 2017 it created more than £17 million in social value.
- 4,000 people employed by Wates across the UK
- Wates Group Turnover – £1.601bn (2018)
- Investors in People – Gold Award
- Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development received for the second time
- Accident rate 77% below Construction industry average
- +5,000 hours volunteers to support community projects
people employed by Wates across the UK
Wates Group Turnover